Divorce in the Strata management world is never easy, but sometimes it’s the best thing for both parties! Whether your property management company has given you notice, or you and your strata council have decided that it’s time to move on, ensuring a smooth transition to a new strata management company is critical!
The top 5 things you can you do to ensure a smooth strata management company transition
- Ask your new property management company what the transition will look like. They should be able to provide you with a list of some sort that will detail the process.
- Discuss timelines. Who will be doing what, and when?
- Offer to help out! Changing strata management companies can be a huge task with many different moving parts, so have Council engaged and assisting can really help the process run more smoothly and efficiently.
- Communicate expectations with your outgoing property management company. What do they require from you, in anything?
- Schedule an onboarding meeting with your new property management company. This can go a long way in making sure that nothing gets missed along the way. There are a lot of moving parts, and sometimes just a short 20 minute briefing before takeover day can make a huge difference.
In conclusion, like most things in life, communication is key. Ensure that your outgoing property manager, and your new property management company have open and clear lines of communication, then offer to help out if required!
Looking for some help with your strata management needs? Please reach out to us here today!