Interested in investing in Coquitlam or Port Coquitlam but don’t want the hassles that come with managing a rental property? Or perhaps you are moving, and want to hold onto your property in Coquitlam or Port Coquitlam? Maybe you want to spend more time doing the things you enjoy, and spending time with those you love, rather than collecting rent cheques and maintaining a revenue property?
A little bit about Coquitlam and Port Coquitlam
- Coquitlam has a current population of over 120,000 residents, making it the 5th largest city in B.C.. Port Coquitlam’s population sits at just over 55,000 residents.
- Coquitlam really started booming back in 1889 with the opening of Fraser Mills on the north bank of the Fraser River. The mill finally closed in 2001.
- Coquitlam is situated 10-15 km east of Vancouver, where the Fraser and Coquitlam rivers connect. It borders Port Moody and Burnaby to the west, New Westminster to the southwest, and Port Coquitlam to the southeast. At over 150 square kms, it is the largest of the tri-cities, being six times larger than either Port Coquitlam or Port Moody.
- 41% of Coquitlam residents are foreign born, much higher than the provincial average of 27%.
- Only 25% of Coquitlam residents actually work within the City of Coquitlam. Most residents commute to Vancouver, Burnaby, or other suburbs.
- Major employers in Coquitlam include the City of Coquitlam, Art in Motion, Boulevard Casino, Coca-Cola, Sony, and Rolls Royce. Most retail is located near Coquitlam centre.
- Coquitlam post secondary institutes include the David Lam Campus of Douglas College, located in the town centre, which has a current enrolment of 4,000 students.
- Coquitlam is serviced by the West Coast Express, which runs from Mission to downtown Vancouver. It stops at the Coquitlam Central Station. Coquitlam is also be served by the Skytrain. The Evergreen Line runs from Coquitlam town centre and into Port Moody, joining the existing Skytrain network at Lougheed Town Centre in Burnaby.
If you’re looking to invest in Coquitlam's market, then contact us today to get started. We will take care of all your Coquitlam property management needs!